Yuri Vasilevski a écrit :
> so, my point is that licences are very important in some environments
> and to some people, and having an inconsistently can cause serious
> legal problems to users. So it is very important to keep them in sync
> in all tree of upstream, portage tree and vdb tree.

And people who are really worried about licensing issues should not even
*look* at the LICENSE data which can be seriously out-of-date/wrong if
maintainers are not careful enough.

Furthermore, for a lot of packages, only the "major" license is
described in the ebuild, leaving the "minor" licenses out :
 - main software is GPL
 - library is LGPL
 - images/icons are CC-SA
 - doc/man are GFDL, ...

As for the original question: I don't think a license change warrants a
rebuild for end users. It's just a waste of bandwidth and CPU cycles.

Cheers :)

--
Rémi Cardona
LRI, INRIA