On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:39:41 +1300
Alistair Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyway,  would be nice to get some feedback, idea's on this and
> hopefully also a more detailed explaination from a pm's perspective
> (if there is one).

For current EAPIs, there's nothing specifically wrong about changing
EAPI from a package manager perspective. If future EAPIs change the
metadata they install or the way the treat use flags, there might be
issues, but it's safe to do 0 to 1 to 2.

I'd be inclined to recommend against changing EAPI on a stable ebuild,
since switching EAPI is a fairly major change that could cause
unexpected breakages, but that's purely a QA issue.

--
Ciaran McCreesh