Peter Alfredsen schrieb:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2008, Thomas Sachau wrote:
>
>> You should at least use emake instead of make in src_install. And i
>> would suggest to use something like this instead of the make install
>> line (maybe add some other default docs, if they are common):
>>
>> if [ -f Makefile ] || [ -f GNUmakefile ] || [ -f makefile ]; then
>>      emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "emake install failed"
>> fi
>> if [ -n "${DOCS}" ]; then
>>      dodoc ${DOCS} || die "dodoc failed"
>> else
>>      for x in AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README; do
>>              if [ -e ${x} ]; then
>>                      dodoc ${x} || die "dodoc ${x} failed"
>>              fi
>>      done
>> fi
>
> I only propose changes to update the base.eclass to using EAPI-2
> functions, IOW the above is outside the scope of what I propose.
>
> Besides, using emake instead of make is not a good change to make to an
> eclass unless you know for a fact that all ebuilds using the eclass
> have parallel make friendly makefiles. And even then...

So change your src_compile ;-)

Do you really think, a package that supports parallel make while compiling
fails support for
parallel make support on install?

And emake is and still should be the default. If there is an issue with it, the
ebuild author has to
change his ebuild. But this should not be taken to force only one makejob for
everyone else.

--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer