On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:35:32 -0700
Joe Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My intention with the RFC was to see if the concept has any worth and
> to kick it around a bit.  I do not really see this as a deficiency in
> Gentoo's technology (which I have a feeling is how many here have
> interpreted it), but simply something that, if done correctly, could
> be useful.

Maybe provide a real example to demonstrate the difference between the
current solutions and what you're looking for, because I still don't
understand what you're after (using all the different terms, logs,
notes, docs, "plain emerge log", ... without further explanation doesn't
help much to clear things up).

Marius