Mike Auty <ike...@gentoo.org> posted 49614bad.6040...@gentoo.org,
excerpted below, on  Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:52:13 +0000:

> Duncan wrote:
>> Amarok2 - dev-db/mysql-community - ld: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqld.a
>> (client.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `client_errors' can not be
>> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> Well, I fixed this individual instance.  As Jer pointed out, it's in the
> bug-wrangling guide.  Unfortunately the bug wranglers are only human,
> and sometimes some will slip through.  If you find any more, it might be
> worth contacting a bug wrangler directly...

Thanks.

FWIW, after I posted I got thinking.  I believe that may have happened
because the bug was originally filed on amarok2 _pre builds, which had
amarok-1.9x or some such versions, IIRC, but could have still been
referred to as amarok2, thus the original name.  But in any case it could/
should have been updated after amarok-2 was released... and now it has
been. =:^)