В Вск, 18/01/2009 в 00:52 +0100, Friedrich Oslage пишет:
> Robin H. Johnson schrieb:
> > I'm raising this as an extension of bug 253076, but also because I see
> > the potential for danger.

> > As a long term solution, can we just consume an inode and have some file
> > like /etc/baselayout2?

What package will install this file? Also is it possible to save openrc
${PVR} inside this file? Version is required to introduce workarounds in
reliable way for openrc versions which does not work with openvz startup
scripts. Also why not call this files /etc/*openrc*?

> > To date, for an init script that has baselayout2-specific behavior, we
> > have had some variant of [ -e /lib/librc.so ] in the init script.
> >
> Why not teach /sbin/runscript it's own version?

In some cases this will break with openvz. openvz container (CT)
start/stop scripts need to check openrc existence inside container and
depending on that generate either openrc or baselayout-1 configuration
files. This start/stop scripts work in host node (HN) environment and
since it's possible to have different versions of everything (e.g. libc)
in HN and CT /sbin/runscript will not work in some cases and thus break
networking and other things for CT.

--
Peter.