Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
Hi.

I talked to Zac <zmedico> earlier in #gentoo-portage about adding an
entry to package.mask for KDE-4.2.0 using slot deps. Thomas <tanderson>
and Patrick <bonsaikitten> raised the concern we might need profile
eapis and that PMS nailed p.mask to EAPI-0.
Zac confirmed that the first stable version to support slot deps in p.
mask was 2.1.3.16, that it was stabled in bug 197165 - 14 months ago
- - and that the first stages to include it were the 2008.0 stages.
Thus, can we finally give the ok to use slot deps in package.mask? Can
we also give the ok to use it everywhere in all 2008.0 and later profiles/ ?

What happens on a 2007.0 base install if slot deps are used in p.mask? You only need to upgrade portage before anything else?

-Jeremy