Dne neděle 22 Únor 2009 22:34:19
> Carsten Lohrke wrote:
> On Freitag, 20. Februar 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
> > Suggestions/objections?
>
> If you mean by "mass migration" doing that more or less blindly, I do
> object. When an ebuild directly or indirectly inherits an eclass, which is
> EAPI 2 enabled, like base.eclass, while another isn't, you have to expect
> side-effects. See for example media-tv/kdetv-0.8.9-r1, which features an
> empty src_prepare to prevent the attempt to apply patches twice,
> temporarily.
>
> So the first step is to get all eclasses EAPI 2 ready and even then I
> wouldn't rule out odd cases, so changes should happen in testing and
> revised ebuilds exclusively to assure odd cases get caught.
>

> Carsten
Well that is the reason why i am first eapi2ing the kde eclass. I was really
suprised when i saw kde3 ebuilds with eapi2 :(
The smalest problems i can spot in the first place are:
1) not working PATCHES array
2) double configure script run.

So i agree that we have to doublecheck every eclass and eapi2fy them in first
place.

Tomas