Fabian Groffen wrote:
On 26-05-2009 09:04:46 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
As of today, app-admin contains 179 packages.
We could move the 27 eselect-* packages to a new app-eselect category
(eselect itself would stay in app-admin).

Opinions?

I hate package moves, so is it really *really* necessary?

I have to agree. app-admin is hardly among the largest categories. Perhaps we should consider splitting up the 400 odd packages in kde-base (kde-graphics, kde-admin, kde-games, etc) =P

As for app-admin-eselect, I'd favor tags over increasing the category levels, tho I'm not convinced either is necessary at the current time (tho tags might make searching easier, in some ways).

AllenJB