On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 04:33:54 +0200
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfre...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I would like to suggest that values of IUSE_* variables (whose names
> end with values of USE_EXPAND variable), after prefixing with
> lower-cased names of appropriate variables included in USE_EXPAND,
> should be automatically added to IUSE variable.

Aside from the Council's decision not to include anything new in EAPI
3, which appears to be the only thing protecting us from massive
scope creep, and aside from David's comments about whether we even know
USE_EXPAND during metadata generation...

Are you sure that the way you're suggesting is the most elegant way of
doing things? The alternative proposal was:

    IUSE="foo bar linguas: en fr"

which, admittedly, requires adding ( ) support to IUSE, but that's also
required by some of the other IUSE-related proposals.

--
Ciaran McCreesh