On Tuesday 11 of August 2009 19:38:48 Arun Raghavan wrote:

> This still does not address the original problem - if
> $external_service shuts down, is bought out, has arbitrary terms about
> content that are not immediately clear as being unfavourable to us,
> (at least) that part of the project which is hosted on is negatively
> affected.

As far as git is concerned, there's no reason not to have this 'unsafe'
gitorious repo cloned on Gentoo within infra and synced periodically
(preferably with push disabled) for layman purpose. Development would still be
kept on gitorious as it's superior in terms of manageability.
I guess it satisfies both sides, doesn't it?

--
regards
MM