Federico Ferri wrote:
> 2nd: how to improve the output: you could make every data an
> hyperlink: that would help understand better the contents
> example:
> Archs:
>   hyperlink arch name to wikipedia perhaps

Done, linking to

  http://packages.gentoo.org/arch/${arch}

> CFLAGS
>   can link the flag name to GCC user guide relevant section, or to
> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/CFLAGS#<flagname>
> same for other flags and MAKEOPTS

Later, server seems down.

> FEATURES
>   can link feature to make.conf man page:
> http://linuxreviews.org/man/make.conf/ (unfortunately this man page is
> rendered with no anchors over variable/features, so you could do
> better ^__^

Done,  linking to
http://smolt.hartwork.org:45678/static/man/man5/make.conf.5.html#${feature}

If anyone feels like playing with  manpage-screen.css  please do and
come back to me.

Also, the man page does not seem to list these features:

  cvs
  preserve-libs
  split-debug
  splitdebug
  unmerge-logs

Either people use invalid features (you tell me) or the man page needs
an update.  Maybe both ("split-debug" vs "splitdebug")?

> USE flags
>   can link to
> http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=&use=<useflagname> (now
> appears down)

Still down, linking to

  http://gpo.zugaina.org/Search?search=&use=${use}

for now.

> System profiles:
>   can link to profiles in cvs

Are you sure about this?  Will that be fun to look at?

> Package atoms can link to packages.g.o or to gentoo-portage.com

Done, linking to

  http://packages.gentoo.org/package/${CATEGORY}/${PN}

To be able to link all packages properly we'd need a version of
http://gpo.zugaina.org/  that includes the trees "gentoo" and "funtoo".

ycarus, could the server handle that load-wise?  would it be easy to
extend the current service or set up an all-packages-version in parallel?

Sebastian