Samuli Suominen wrote:
>> I am sorry for posting this question but I saw no other way (got really
>> confused).  I am developping an application (a text editor) and I would
>> like to see it into Gentoo distro, but I can't really understand the way
>> that thing goes. I read the documentation about how to make an ebuild
>> file, but could not figured out how to submit it. Could you point me
>> some directions, please, even if it is another maillist.
>
> Please don't use HTML format when posting on mailinglist. New packages
> should be reported to http://bugs.gentoo.org and if I you want to write
> your own ebuild to attach in the bug, see http://devmanual.gentoo.org

Hello hiperon, thanks for asking.

Your project will probably become package "app-editors/cafe".  From the
kind of application it would fit either (A) the main tree (in which case
bugs.gentoo.org is the place to go) or (B) the sunrise overlay (in which
case #gentoo-sunrise on Freenode will get you running and help with
ebuild _review_).

Sebastian