On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:50:26 +0000 (UTC)
Mark Bateman <coul...@soon.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:41:30 +0200
> > Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > Also we should allow the stuff as directory thingus (portage
> > > already handles it right).
> >
> > That's a seperate thing that needs EAPI control. You'll need to
> > propose it for EAPI 4 if you want that.
>
> Except this "stuff as directory" was pre-EAPI and thus the PMS should
> have captured that as EAPI-1
> Ergo PMS is wrong and needs to be updated to refect reality

PMS accurately reflects the Portage documentation and the commit
message that introduced the feature -- it's purely for use
in /etc/portage/, which is beyond the scope of PMS.

It is not the business of PMS to enforce undocumented features that
Portage supports only by accident and that aren't used in the tree.

--
Ciaran McCreesh