AllenJB posted on Sat, 03 Oct 2009 18:03:16 +0100 as excerpted:

> http://bugs.gentoo.org/260403 )
>
> The last comment on that bug by a docs team member basically says:
>> All the doc they need is 'Boot CD, follow on-screen instruction. If it
>> fails, file a bug for the release team'. Done.
>>
>> Now, can we all forget abouth them?
>
> Which I think is a very poor attitude for someone tasked with
> maintaining the documentation (and appears to totally ignore the fact
> that the abomination of an installer the GLI was has been long dead and
> buried, even when that comment was made).

I checked the bug and it seems to me you're misinterpreting that
comment.  The "they" he's referring to is the GLI.  He says forget about
them -- "them" being the GLI.  IOW, he knows that's old, and is saying
let's move on.

Of course, that doesn't help the docs point to something beyond the now-
broken 2008.0.