Hi there!

As some of you have waited long for this to happen, sys-apps/openrc-0.5.1 is
there. It has a default enabled (eapi-1) useflag oldnet to install the
old-style network scripts called net.*.
Regardless of this use-flag, the new init-script /etc/init.d/network is always
installed.

For transition to new-style network script there is something todo I think.
Unordered list of todos:
* hotplug? at least udev does explicitly call in net.* scripts
* New systems should get old or new scripts?
* does new scripts already can do all that was possible with net.* ?

So far I hope the update does not break any system.
In case this happens nevertheless open a bug as usual.

Regards
Matthias