Le 24/10/2009 15:42, Maciej Mrozowski a écrit :
If you have any comments, suggestions, important notices regarding this
change, please keep discussion in gentoo-desktop mailing list.

IMHO, we shouldn't even have desktop/server subprofiles to begin with.

I've always considered Gentoo to be an "opt-in" distro where after a successful install, you end up with a bash prompt and a _means_ of installing new packages.

Finding out what USE flags mean and do is part of the Gentoo experience. If we were doing spin-off distros like Ubuntu and Fedora do, then subprofiles would be fine, but we're not.

So with my X hat on, I won't be adding any "X" subprofile.

And with my (former?) Gnome hat on, I vote against any "gnome" subprofile.

Cheers,

Rémi