On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Petteri Räty <betelge...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Tuesday 27 October 2009 14:46:31 Petteri Räty wrote:
>>> Normally old versions are not kept around as already said if you read
>>> the thread.
>>
>> "normal" is not the same thing as "always".  unless you're the maintainer,
>> you
>> have no idea whether old versions are kept there on purpose.  ive had people
>> delete older versions of packages on me simply because they made this invalid
>> assumption without talking to the maintainer.  the rest of the thread is
>> irrelevant as this point was not made.
>>

> Yes I have no idea. That's why I asked on gentoo-dev-announce for
> maintainers to tell me if they are kept on purpose so the point was made
> already at the very start.
>
> Regards,
> Petteri

I see several of my packages on there as well and there's absolutely
no way you're culling them since they have a definite use since you're
script clearly failed to take into consideration various profiles and
SLOTs. Biggest reason that my packages still use built_with_use is the
lack of the --missing option for EAPI=2.

--
Doug Goldstein