Ulrich Mueller posted on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:59:45 +0100 as excerpted:

> Real examples would be issues like bugs 83877 [1] or 263387 [2]. Nothing
> that could be easily dismissed or worked around. Both issues are fixed
> with Portage since a long time.

Thanks.

> I don't know of any example where non-preservation of nanosecond
> timestamps would cause problems.

That's really what I was hoping for, a bug where the nanosecond times
thing made a difference.  But Ciaran does have a point about such things
being potentially closed as WORKSFORME or the like, as I've seen that in
other cases, see my just earlier post.