On 01/17/10 18:20, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
>> Please: When you run tools which break checksums/dates of the database,
>> give the user the possibility to decide whether he really wants this.
>
> Good point, I didn't realize that. However, I'd rather fix the tool (for
> example to update the portage database).

Nope, that's a bad idea unless you plan to implement such feature for portage,
paludis and pkgcore (and possibly other package managers).

So use revdep-rebuild (longer but correct solution) or lafilefixer (quicker but
introduces other problems).

--
Krzysiek Pawlik   <nelchael at gentoo.org>   key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...