On 01/22/2010 10:58 AM, Torsten Veller wrote:
> EAPI-3 was approved by the council during their last meeting (2010-01-18).
>
> Which portage versions do support it?
> (I wasn't able to find it in the docs.)

I haven't heard of a release that would.

> When can we stabilize EAPI-3 ebuilds?
> (I guess this is again a council decision?)

When a Portage version supporting EAPI-3 is stable. Council can
acknowledge at this point.

> How long do we have to provide ebuilds for older EAPIs?
> (We can drop them as long as users are able to upgrade to an EAPI-3
> capable package-manager for at least one year from now/after
> stabilisation?)

Normally ebuild developers can just use the latest. As you said the only
thing that matters is the package manager upgrade path and that only
concerns a few packages.

Regards,
Petteri