On Thursday 25 February 2010 08:22:17 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> > Metadata.xml should allow use of a <changepolicies> element. Within
> > the element, package maintainers should be able to describe how
> > non-maintainer changes to the package are handled.
>
> Could we allow this element in the category metadata files, too?
> Its value there would be the default for the category, with the
> possibility to override it for individual packages.
>
> Ulrich
How are you so sure that a general "rule" can apply to a whole category? E.g.
the x11-misc/ one. Which rule for non-maintainer changes are you going to
apply since every single developer is maintaining a x11-misc application? Same
for app-misc etc.
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer