On 03/07/10 14:50, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2010 12:54:34 ChIIph wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> The commas are only added when there's LDFLAGS being changed.
>>
> you missed my point.  read the whole eclass -- this function isnt only used
> on
> LDFLAGS.  your patch opens the door to incorrectly split/mangle other
> variables.

I know, what I wanted to say is that I've tested those changes with more
than filter-ldflags funtion, and I proposed it here because it works in
every case.

>>> plus, there are a few other ways to trick the system.
>>>
>>> my opinion is still:
>>>  - bypassing the system is sometimes useful
>>>  - use separate -Wl flags and things just work
>>>
>> Ok, but in the default profiles LDFLAGS are separated with commas, so
>> for that second opinion to be possible, I think that should be changed.
>>
> i really have no idea what you're talking about.  no default profile uses the
> multi-linker flag form.

grep -nR LDFLAGS /usr/portage/profiles/*
(...)
/usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/make.defaults:53:LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
(...)

>> On the other hand, a lot of us use comma separated flags, so for all of
>> us filter-ldflags doesn't work, and what I've modify doesn't mess with
>> any of all the other function (or at least I haven't found the case in
>> which it does).
>>
> then change your LDFLAGS

Yes, of course, but the not-comma separated form of LDFLAGS isn't the
most commonly used one. So it's not that I'm a case of rebelty :)