I was just thinking how nice it could be if we acknowledged some of the
projects that contribute to gentoo but are actually developed primarily
outside of gentoo's dev community.  How about a page on gentoo.org

So lets me start with a couple of obvious ones.

kportagetray
pkgcore
paludis

There must be more than these or else gentoo really is dead.

- Alistair

ps.  I would like the packages to be specifically for gentoo,  but there are
exceptions to this.  as an example openrc (and even paludis to a degree).  If
you think that there is a package not specifically targetting gentoo that
deserves a mention please make it clear why.