On 04/04/2010 02:09 PM, Denis Dupeyron wrote:

All ideas regarding improving recruitment are welcome, thanks. However
if, during your review, you were not given the impression that your
maturity and other social skills were being assessed then you were
being blissfully naive.  :o)

That actually wasn't what I was trying to convey (guess I need to work on those communications skills :) ). I did recognize that you were looking to assess this, and that you felt that this was of critical importance.

What I was getting at is trying to identify what aspects of the whole recruitment process added the most value and which added the least, and adjusting accordingly. I think that assessing attitude and maturity, and providing the tools and education needed are the most critical aspects of recruitment.

That's why I'm all for changing the approach to quizzes - from my experience it wasn't the quizzes themselves that really added the most value for me. The interaction that they triggered and getting me to consider some of the more critical issues that come up in ebuild maintenance added far more value than getting every detail of the answers 100% correct.

The quizzes are just a tool - not the ultimate validators of ability. Let's use every tool at our disposal in the best way possible.

Rich