Hi,

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
<phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> What do you think about doing the following change in
> /usr/portage/profiles/targets/developer/make.defaults:
>
> replace "test" with "test-fail-continue" to make it just less
> frustrating (we still have a lot of test failures)

I've been thinking about this for a while. Some packages have tests
that are meant only for upstream in certain conditions
and are not meant to be ran during installing. As we have ARCH teams,
couldn't we think a way in which TEST teams can
be created? I mean, a bunch of devs only focused on making tests work
or just restrict them?

This team (or a Gentoo project) can work hand by hand with other teams
and ARCH members.

Is it even possible?

> Hopefully that will also make more of us use the developer profile, and
> detect test failures.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Paweł

Best regards,