On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:25 AM, Brian Harring <ferri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Beyond that, the naming kind of sucks from where I'm sitting- it's a
> gobject/gnome specific flag in intention, but introspection has many
> meanings elsewhere that may not map cleanly there.

Well, there's nothing else in this namespace (i.e., amongst use-flags)
which uses this word, and I don't see anything else that would want to
use it in-tree. So, I don't see what the problem is with us taking
over it :)

As for confusions w.r.t. name, the use-flag descriptions exist
precisely to clarify that. I personally wouldn't assume a use-flag's
intention before seeing it's corresponding description.

Also note that perl/ruby/python/java/javascript etc bindings will
be/are using gobject-introspection[1], so this particular usage of the
term will become very prevalent in the near future.

1. http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Users
--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team