There are some programs that might use gles instead of opengl and we
have some openvg development as well.

Mesa git provides support for gles1, gles2 and openvg 1.0.1, shivavg has
an openvg on glx implementation, on the embedded field some drivers are
getting provided that are eventually compatible (so we should think
about extending eselect opengl to cover openvg and gles)

Right now what I find interesting are:

evas - works neatly out of box enabling gles, nothing done in portage yet.
mesa - provides everything in every platform up to a degree (so we can
test on a desktop), The mesa-9999 ebuild in the x11 overlay should
provide it.
cairo - cairo-gl need polishing, lots of polishing, cairo-vg might work,
I'll mess with the ebuild on the x11 overlay a bit more
sdl - seems to have gles support as well but I hadn't tried it yet
qt - it does support both, I already nagged the qt team about it.

I'd like to have a gles and an openvg useflag defined to:

gles - prefer using egl+opengles instead of glx+opengl
openvg - enable openvg support

Comments?

lu

--