> I would like to add the license for truecrypt-7.0 to Portage. Link
> is here http://www.truecrypt.org/legal/license

It says "TrueCrypt License Version 3.0" not 7.0?

> Does this license look ok to everyone?

It looks very similar to the truecrypt-2.8 license that we already
have.

> If yes, I'm assuming it's going to go in the same groups as the
> prior truecrypt licenses that are already in Portage?

I don't see any truecrypt* license in profiles/license_groups so far.

But to answer the question more generally: A new version of a license
should only be added to groups like FSF-APPROVED or OSI-APPROVED if it
has been approved by these organisations. On the other hand, for
groups like MISC-FREE, it is as you assume. There the presence of a
previous version is a good indication that the new version should also
be added (given that it's similar enough to the previous version).

Ulrich