Hi

Was thinking to post a news item for the hardened profile about the new GCC
4.4.4-r2  that have been stabled on x86 and amd64.

Hardened at gentoo.org
/Magnus (Zorry)
Title: Info on GCC 4.4.4-r2 and GCC 3.X on Hardened profiles
Author: Magnus Granberg <zo...@gentoo.org>
Revision: 1
News-Item-Format: 1.0
Display-If-Profile: hardened/linux

You may have noticed that GCC 4.4.4-r2 has gone stable on x86 and
amd64. The other archs will follow later. We have enable SSP support
by default on this and on newer versions for arches where it is
supported, namely on x86, amd64, ppc, ppc64 and arm. The previous
version GCC 4.3.4 had SSP, but it was not enabled by default.
Older gcc's like 3.X versions will be obsoleted and we will not fix
any bugs that work on GCC-4.4.4-r2 or newer, but fail with gcc 3.X.