On 11/05/2010 08:33 AM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:03:13 +0200
> Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> # Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> (04 Nov 2010)
>> # Over 20 open bugs, http://tinyurl.com/2wurbtz
>> # Bugs assigned to a proxy maintainer without CVS access
>> # Every package outdated, bug 340007
>> # Removal in 30 days
>> app-pda/synce
>> app-pda/synce-dccm
>> app-pda/synce-fur
>> app-pda/synce-gcemirror
>> app-pda/synce-gnomevfs

Replaced by synce-gvfs.

>> app-pda/synce-gvfs
>> app-pda/synce-hal
>> app-pda/synce-kpm
>> app-pda/synce-librapi2

Found upstream 0.15 also broken, missing #ifdef's for HAL all over.

>> app-pda/synce-librra
>> app-pda/synce-librtfcomp
>> app-pda/synce-libsynce

Saved this one for wine-doors as req. for orange.

>> app-pda/synce-odccm
>> app-pda/synce-pywbxml
>> app-pda/synce-serial
>> app-pda/synce-software-manager
>> app-pda/synce-sync-engine
>> app-pda/synce-trayicon
>> app-pda/orange

Saved this one for wine-doors.

>> app-pda/libopensync-plugin-synce
>
> This sucks. *synce* stuff is covered in a our documentation,
> including a PDA guide and a debugging HowTo. Any chance of holding
> off on the mask/removal?

Added longer removal date. 2011-01-01.

Unfortunately 0.14 is in so bad shape there's nothing worth stabilizing
for when every single package comes with missing depends, wrong python
usage, other random bugs... and previous versions are even more of a mess.