On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:24:46AM +0100, "Paweee Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> On 3/6/11 1:50 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
> >>   "NEW" will become "CONFIRMED"
> >
> > This seems mildly insane; sure you didn't mean UNCONFIRMED?
>
> I don't understand that concern. There is UNCONFIRMED and NEW, now you'd
> get UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED. It seems to me it's just NEW with a
> different name, and UNCONFIRMED would still be there:
>
> <http://bugzillaupdate.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/bugzilla-4-0-has-a-new-default-status-workflow/>

Re-read what he stated- it'll convert all existing NEW bugs to
CONFIRMED upon migration.  There's a fair number of bugs that are in a
NEW state, decent number that have sat for a long while too.  Those
bugs aren't 'confirmed'- just like with the new work flow where the
dev flips it from UNCONFIRMED to CONFIRMED, leave it to devs to flip
the current bugs from UNCONFIRMED to CONFIRMED rather than just
marking everything as CONFIRMED.

~harring