Dne 29.3.2011 04:12, Alexis Ballier napsal(a):
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:23:48 AM Samuli Suominen wrote:
>> On 03/23/2011 04:08 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> As there is new ffmpeg fork that is a bit alive we should provide it as
>>> alternative to current media-video/ffmpeg.
>>>
>>> So libav is stored in media-video/libav (look at it, try to find issues
>>> and stuff).
>>>
>>> Virtual package is virtual/ffmpeg where now i implemented it to have
>>> versioned dependencies.
>>> So there is virtual/ffmpeg-0.6 virtual/ffmpeg-9999 where the apps can
>>> decide what they need.
>>> Samuli pointed out that we do not slot ffmpeg nor support versioned deps
>>> and always demand everything to be working with latest. If you have
>>> strong opinion on that one please express it here so the virtual gets
>>> redesigned to just simple virtual/ffmpeg-0.1 without any version stated
>>> in it. I myself like the chance to express the version explicitly.
>>> Virtual itself provide access to all useflags currently used in eapi2
>>> deps. More can be added when required.
>>
>> With the same logic we have always pulled in from master, instead of
>> release trees (such as 0.5.x, 0.6.x).
>> It's not legal to set versioned deps forcing downgrade on same
>> stabilization level (stable, or ~arch) as that will just cause
>> dependency conflict. Applies to any package.
>> So just punt the just committed virtuals and just leave
>> virtual/ffmpeg-0.ebuild.  Anything that doesn't work with latest and is
>> not fixed in reasonable time, gets lastrited like before.
>

> well, if you want to convert all the tree you'll need a versioned virtual
> because the >= deps are still needed
> (and the virtual should also have >= deps, not ~ nor =..* in order not to
> force a downgrade because of an outdated virtual)
>
> A.

Well the virtuals can be versioned as i said previously, altho others
convinced me that unversioned are desirable.

If we would want versioned one we currently need 3 of them:

0.5 including only ffmpeg >= 0.5

0.6 including libav or ffmpeg both >= 0.6

0.7 including libav >= 0.7_pre or ffmpeg >= 0.6_p

So what do you think.

For the || dependencies order it should be lazy evaluated for 2 years now.

Cheers

Tom