On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 04:41:25PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> +1  Some descriptions may as well not have one at all.  May as well
> Google the flag and the package and see what, if anything, it returns.

I would say working as intended.  If you do not know what a package
does, chances are you don't need to enable it.  And if you do want
to tinker, USE flags gives you enough of a hint to start googling.

Having said that, we should at least have gramatically correct
English in descriptions.  One might also lean towards more verbosity
in end-user oriented packages (versus server/backend/toolchain
packages).  In any case, 10-15 words should be more than enough to
explain what a USE flag does.

--
Eray Aslan
Developer, Gentoo Linux       eras <at> gentoo.org