"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." schrieb:
> This thread is about removing those 'versioned' ebuilds, so your
> response could be interpret as "don't remove them". But then they're
> broken, and if I bump them today a few weeks/months from now they'll be
> broken again.

I'm all for removing the non-live ebuilds.

>> It reminds me more of the (now defunct) live ebuild of chromium-bin
>>
> Interesting, I was maintaining chromium-bin and I masked it. Doesn't
> seem similar to me (did you mean google-chrome-bin or similar hacks?)

I meant the chromium-bin-9999.ebuild which did this:
LV=`curl --silent
http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-linux${arch_path}/LATEST`
elog "Installing/updating to version ${LV}"
wget -c
"http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-linux${arch_path}/${LV}/chrome-linux.zip";
-O "${T}"/${PN}-${LV}.zip
76

So essentially a live ebuild which downloads changing stuff from a http URI.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn