On 06/12/11 18:46, Anthoine Bourgeois wrote:
> 2011/6/12 Michal Januszewski <sp...@gentoo.org>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a number of packages in which I have lost interest and which I
>> no longer want to maintain:
>>
>> app-admin/hddtemp
>> app-misc/linux-logo
>> dev-util/oprofile
>> net-libs/libtlen
>> sci-mathematics/gimps
>> sci-mathematics/xmds
>> sci-misc/vitables
>> sys-apps/fakechroot
>> sys-apps/fakeroot-ng
>> sys-apps/memtest86+
>> www-client/elinks
>> x11-misc/xfractint
>>
>> All the packages require relatively low maintenance and currently have
>> no open bugs (with the exception on memtest86+ and bug #339691).
>>
>> I will reassign them to maintainer-needed in about a week.  If you
>> want to take them, please just add yourself to metadata.xml directly.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help on some packages above.
> I use fakeroot and fakechroot daily and memtest are very
> useful to me.
> I'm not a gentoo developer but I play with ebuild on my overlay since
> few month : http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=user/aluco.git;a=summary
> I think my main contribution in my overlay is the phoronix-test-suite.
> I'd like to go forward and I wish to help the sunrise projet (if those
> packages fall on the overlay). I'd like to make sure if my ebuilds follow
> gentoo's standards and collaborate closer to the developers.
> I'm not sure I'm aware of all gentoo's procedures, do you think
> all of this will be faisable and am I on the right way?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthoine
>

>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Michal Januszewski
>> http://people.gentoo.org/spock

Hello Anthoine,
Please take a look at [1]. I would be more than glad to help you "adopt"
those. Contact me off list and we can work out the details.

[1]http://dev.c1pher.net/index.php/2011/03/c1phers-adopt-a-package-program/

Regards,

- --
Dane Smith (c1pher)
Gentoo Linux Developer -- QA / Crypto / Sunrise / x86
RSA Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x0C2E1531&op=index