2011/6/26 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.bote...@gmail.com>:
> I am really amazed that someone didn't want to use links (a solution
> with next to zero work involved) because they are not available in
> fat32 (as if fat32 was relevant at all for us) but then people is
> suggesting that we should put everything into a flat folder and use
> tags.

Well, the difference being "Symlinks are only really surplus utilities
that make it easier for users" and "Some degree of backcompat" instead
of "Core Functionality that will be required to make the code work".

In theory, if you have the "most recent" versions of your package
manager, after this change takes place, you will not need any symlinks
at all, and functionality should still be retained if they were blown
out completely.

--
Kent

perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,