Excerpts from Rich Freeman's message of 2011-09-07 13:22:46 +0200:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > Old systems should migrate to initramfs, like it was already pointed
> > out before. Breakage is already there, you just don't notice it.
>
> Agreed, and once the official docs are updated and a working initramfs
> is available we can consider moving forward with things that break
> separate /usr.  That seemed to be the general consensus on the other
> thread.
>
> Right now migrating to initramfs won't do any good, as Gentoo doesn't
> have an initramfs available which mounts /usr.  No doubt once Fedora
> gets theirs working we'll be able to copy it (assuming it is FOSS), or
> we can write our own.

Dracut supports mounting /usr since 013 if it's defined in /etc/fstab on
destination rootfs.  I'm still busy with my diploma to write Gentoo docs
about it and push Dracut into stabilization process, but as soon as I
finish I can move it forward.

--
Amadeusz Żołnowski

PGP key fpr: C700 CEDE 0C18 212E 49DA  4653 F013 4531 E1DB FAB5