On 11/13/2011 11:08 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 11/13/2011 04:59 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>>
>>> We can have a different default in the developer profile.
>
>> the original reason for not doing this via profiles in the first
>> place was old versions of portage would barf.  i think that still
>> applies to the developer profile :(.  the first version of portage
>> to support this option was released in like ~Mar 2011. -mike
> Yeah but can't we just assume devs have recent versions of portage? I
> can't imagine a dev using a 6-month old portage :-/

Another problem is that the user may have another EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
setting which overrides EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS from the profile, unless
they use something like EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--foo
${EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS}" in order to explicitly inherit options from the
profile. And no, I don't think we should make EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS into
an "incremental" variable. I think the current behavior is just fine.
--
Thanks,
Zac