On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> .should ~arch packages with no maintainer really be moved to stable?*
>
> (* assuming no other outside forces, like it's a dep of something else
> that needs to go stable)

I support stabilizing bug-free newer versions of maintainer-needed
packages that already have stable versions.  I'm not sure I'd extend
that to stabilizing packages that have no stable versions already.

I see getting stable users on the ~arch version as a win-win since it
means less maintenance of older version (without a maintainer), and
will likely give the stable user a more stable experience in reality
than what they already have.

Those benefits don't exist for a package that has no stable versions
to begin with.

Rich