Olivier Crête wrote:
On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 01:33 -0600, Matthew Thode wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 02:12:22 -0500
Olivier Crête<tes...@gentoo.org>  wrote:
All of my systems currently have a seperate /usr that is mounted at
boot.  Unfortunately I do agree that this is not something that we can
fight.  This was brought up earlier and the only thing we can do
for people like myself (who mount /usr at boot) is to create a simple
initramfs that only has the purpose of mounting /usr at boot.  The main
thing I don't like about initramfs is that we have to regenerate it any
time we update the packages that get included in it.
That's why you have dracut to do it for you.

Which is keyworded at this point.  Stable users do what?

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"