"Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
On 1/17/12 6:35 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
I think what want already exists:

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/profiles/info_vars

Am I right?

Not really. Even the example SYSTEM is not listed there, and as said
before we can't put every possible, now and in the future, bad variable
name there.

I think another line should be added to emerge --info, like this (just
an example, most variables omitted):

Variables defined in make.conf: CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, SYSTEM, ...

It seems that emerge --info --verbose does that (at least with portage-2.2)

I'm used to define USE_*¹ variables in my make.conf in order to split out global USEs. Those variables does not appear in the emerge --info output, but they are visible if I had --verbose.

--
Cyprien
Fulax on #gentoo-lisp

1. This naming scheme isn't safe either, as USE_EXPAND and USE_ORDER are make.conf settings