On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 06:39:05PM -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
> Is this that page?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove
>
> That refers to the systemd website on freedesktop.org.
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/TheCaseForTheUsrMerge

Yes.

> With that said, I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Why does no one mention the enterprise use case at all?

It has been pointed out before, why constantly repeat ourselves.

> 2. Why not make rootfs a NFS mount with a unionfs at the SAN/NAS device?

unionfs is still a "work in progress", some systems can't do that yet.

> 3. Why not let the users choose where these directories go and support
> both locations?

Because a plethera of options is a sure way to make sure that half of
them don't work over the long run.

We aren't Debian here people, we don't support "everything" :)

If you want to support both, great, feel free to step up and do the
work.

greg k-h