On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:02:27 +0200
Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> From time to time I see old bug reports that are still wrongly opened
> and referring to old packages no longer in the tree. Would be possible
> to add a way to periodically check for bugs referring in summary to
> obsolete packages and, then, allow us to have a cleaner bug list?

-1, you really cant automate this.

- for eg, keyword req, the version doesnt really matter and is usually
  just there to help but should really be read as latest version;
  closing/ignoring the bug while the latest version still lacks the
  keywords is just wrong.
- for stablereq, that's a different story

- for other bugs, some may have been fixed independently upstream, but
  usually, they dont fix by themselves, so if a bug didnt get
  attention, chances are its still valid.

moreover, doing this, you'll just encourage people not to fill the
version

IOW: If you want a cleaner bug list, ignore stable/kw reqs, then pay
attention to your bugs and fix them :)

A.