On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek) wrote:
>> I don't like this change much. There are valid use cases for an ldap use
>> flag in the desktop profile that could break easily with this change.

There are valid use cases for every USE flag in portage, otherwise
they wouldn't be there.  The fact that SOME people find ldap useful on
a desktop does not mean that it should be the default.

> Not to mention, you add the possibility that the user may miss the
> change since they are not expecting it.  I would expect it when I was
> changing profiles but not so much just coming out of the blue.

It has already been suggested that this be prefaced by a news item,
which would be completely sensible for just about any profile USE
change.

Rich