Michael Weber wrote:

> On 05/05/2012 09:55 PM, Dale wrote:
>> Not to mention, you add the possibility that the user may miss the
>> change since they are not expecting it.  I would expect it when I
>> was changing profiles but not so much just coming out of the blue.
>
> We should make emerge -v (display USE flags) non-optional.
> Users should be trained to recognize the green/red use flag changes.

I already have mine set that way.  I also try to watch for the changes
but sometimes the way the lines wrap I may miss one here and there.
That has bit me a couple times.  I sort of expect USE flags to stay the
same for the most part.  Profile changes are expected to change things
but I rarely change those.

I mentioned this once a long time ago.  We expect things to stay the
same unless we do something to change them.  If things change without us
doing the change, we tend to freak out a bit.  We don't need any
freaking out.

Dale

:-)  :-)

> Do whatever you what, I've set make.conf:USE=ldap on machines relying
> on it.
>
> Michael

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: