Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 06:37:41PM -0500, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
>> Just picking a random response to reply to.  I'm not speaking
>> officially, however, I'm pretty sure we at Genesi aren't going to pay
>> Microsoft in order to boot our own boards.
> If you don't want your boards to be Windows 8 certified, then you are
> fine.  Otherwise, you have to follow their guidelines, which I don't
> think requires paying them any money if you want to run Windows 8.
>
> Also, as these are "your own boards", you control the BIOS, so you don't
> even have to implement UEFI, or, if you do, you can control what keys
> are installed in the BIOS by default.
>
> So I don't understand the issue here, please explain.
>
> greg k-h
>
> .

I'm glad you said that.  If I was going to have to pay M$ to run Linux,
I was thinking of shooting them with laser eyes or something.  I have no
plans to ever support M$ in any shape, form or fashion.  Period.

Thing is, they will likely try to make it so you can't disable it
eventually.  Some politician will try to make it a law if nothing else.
After all, politicians are clueless anyway.  Reminds me of chickens and
it raining.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"