Il 11/07/2012 22:33, Mike Gilbert ha scritto:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM, William Hubbs<willi...@gentoo.org>  wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:27:41PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
Just to put a number to this, there are currently 126 packages in the
tree with a dependency on sys-fs/udev.

Personally, I think a consolidated systemd/udev package is the best
way to go here. Short of that, the virtual + blockers seems like an
acceptable solution.
Thinking on this, I agree with Mike here, and to make it easier for
maintainers so they don't have to change their dependencies, it should
be a udev ebuild with a systemd use flag.

An alternative to the funky udev[systemd] solution would be to replace
the entire udev ebuild with RDEPEND="sys-apps/systemd", and implement
the requisite logic in the systemd ebuild. This would effectively make
udev a virtual package without the need to modify any other packages.
Long time ago portage managed virtual/* ebuilds differently from the others, it may be wise to ask to the portage developers if that's still the case and why/what is done.