On 07/17/2012 01:34 PM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
> Imho, no need a news for it.
> emerge -DuN world;revdep-rebuild;dispatch-conf is what you normally do.

Well, the sysadmin runs dispatch-conf, a new daemon_directory setting
comes up and he goes WTF?  I am trying to avoid that WTF moment.

There was a few complaints in gentoo-user ML and a bug report when it
was introduced to ~arch.  It seems people do not pay too much attention
to ewarn messages.

Having said that, I am not sure if it is really news-item material.  If
the general consensus is that a news item is not needed, I will follow
along.

--
Eray Aslan <e...@gentoo.org>