On 01/08/2012 23:42, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Honestly, if some asian person has whatever charset that I often find in
> spam messages, but is not UTF-8, are you then going to tell that person
> to switch to UTF-8 to get those python packages emerged?  I hope not.

Tell that to the Python team I guess. My tinderbox _has_ utf8 locales
available, but doesn't set in by default -> Python stuff fails to build
or test -> not going to be fixed with "change your locale" reasoning.

Is it mental? Yes.
Would I like that to change? Yes.
Do I care ẃhether that's through the use of cluebyfour on the Python
team or by setting an utf-8 locale by default? Not in the least.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/